Volunteer Coordinator - Recruitment Specialist
Department: Superior Court – Allen County CASA
This position is offered a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and more
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Retirement plan with up to 5% matching
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION AND CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON FURTHER GRANT FUNDING.
This position is full time, non-exempt, classified and covered under the Superior Court Employee Handbook. This is an employee-at-will position.
Hours are Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; 40 hours/week ; overtime as required
Under the direction of the Director of CASA, the Volunteer Coordinator – Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing public relations campaign to recruit volunteers for the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Program, coordinating training of new volunteers and for providing ongoing support to those volunteers in their role as advocates for abused and neglected children throughout the court process.
- Responsible for the continued development and implementation of public relations strategies within budget constraints.
- Makes public appearances/presentations on the roles of the CASA Program, how Court System operates as well as the Child Welfare System. Makes contact with television and print media for exposure of the CASA Program.
- Responsible for the continuing development and implementation of public relations strategies within budget constraints.
- Oversees and manages the CASA website for upcoming training information as well as other information.
- Obtains and maintains ongoing list of those interested in volunteer training. Manages list and maintains contact with those individuals leading up to the next training.
- Assists in interviewing, training and screening of volunteers to be advocates for abused and neglected children.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and organizing on-going training and recognition activities for CASA volunteers.
- Interviews or discusses detailed information regarding cases on a weekly or bi-weekly basis with CASA Director and/or Assistant Director.
- Maintains statistics regarding program inquiries, completed training, and how inquirers heard about the program.
- Documents all relevant information into case management system, Optima.
- Conducts home visits, when necessary, to assess the progress or lack of progress of families where there is no CASA volunteer assigned.
- Responsible for supervising and directing CASA volunteers in gathering pertinent information on child abuse cases. Assesses gathered information to ascertain major problem areas in the family and then matches appropriate services to assist family to remedy problems.
- Makes written and/or oral presentations at court hearings, providing Court with recommendations or justifications related to children’s placement and for services for children and parents in child abuse cases in which CASA is appointed.
- Participates in consistent on-going verbal and written communication with case managers, therapists, attorneys, educators, and medical personnel to assess and evaluate abusive parents’ progress in addressing the issues that brought the family into the Court system.
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including overtime as required.
Minimum Requirements and Working Conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Social Services, Criminal Justice or related field and at least five year’s related experience
- Valid Driver’s License in order to travel to and from court, home visits, presentation sites and various meetings
- Experience working with volunteers preferred
- Working knowledge of event planning, social media and website management
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Allen Superior Court CHINS process preferred
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office and other job related software
- Ability to use computer, copy machine, fax and other standard office equipment
The Volunteer Coordinator – Recruitment Specialist works in and out of a standard office setting with frequent sitting and the ability to move about freely. Some lifting of up to twenty pounds and bending is required and frequent typing and attention to detail exists. Some proofreading is required. The Volunteer Coordinator – Recruitment Specialist frequently has contact with individuals who may be hostile, emotional, and/or aggressive.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY