Online Advocacy Resources

View felony reports daily on the Journal Gazette. You can find the felony reports section by clicking on Sections (upper left) and then choose Felony Reports (under local).

Mobile Patrol is a free app found on IOS or Android. MobilePatrol connects you to important safety information, news, and critical alerts for places you care about. We partner with public safety and law enforcement agencies nationwide so you can receive timely access to information that keeps you and your loved ones safe.

Apple Phones: Click Here

Android: Click Here

VINE is the nation’s leading victim notification network. It allows survivors, victims of crime, and other concerned citizens to access timely and reliable information about offenders or criminal cases in U.S. jails and prisons. Register to receive automated notifications via email, text, or phone call, or check custody status information online at any time.

The MyCase website allows your to search for non-confidential cases in Indiana courts that use the Odyssey case management system.

Case documents available online

Some types of documents are available as links in the chronological case summary for the public without signing into Additional non-confidential documents are available to attorneys who sign in.

Documents available to the public include:

  • Orders in many civil case types
  • All non-confidential documents in miscellaneous criminal (MC) cases
  • Final orders and judgments in criminal cases
  • Orders and other non-confidential documents in expungement cases that are either still pending or were denied
  • Opinions and orders in appellate cases
  • Briefs, petitions, and motions filed by attorneys in non-confidential appellate cases

It is important to understand that the availability of documents is not necessarily retroactive. If a document isn't available as a link in the case summary, it simply isn't available online. If the document is a public record, you may contact the clerk's office in the county hearing the case to find out how to get a copy.

Police reports are available through the online law enforcement database, Spillman. CASA staff have access to this system. Please reach out to them if you have specific questions or information with regards to your case (CASA Volunteers Only). CASA staff can provide INFORMATION about the reports, include the control number, but cannot send/copy/share Spillman reports.

The United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website allows the public to search sex offender registries for all 50 states, The District of Columbia, U.S. Territories, and Indian Country.

The Indiana Department of Corrections Inmate Search allows the public to look up and locate where a current inmate is being housed and review the earliest release dates.

To watch an overview video of the above resources, feel free to watch the video below.